Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

Today is RDW's (soon to be RWL) birthday. This morning I called and sang her this little tune with the help of Jonny River's Rockin' Pneumonia And The Boogie Woogie Flu:
RDW & Me:She always has my back--ha

I wanna jump but I'm afraid I'll fall
I wanna holler but the joint's too small
Bekah's B-day's got a hold of me too
I've got the rockin' Roo-skie* & the Booty* Wooty flu

Calls another baby, that ani't all
I wanna sing to her but she so so far
Twenty eight years got a hold of me too
I've got the rockin' Roo-skie* & the Booty* Wooty flu

I wanna see her but she's oh so far
I would be partying but my house too far
Bekah's B-day's got a hold of me too
I've got the rockin' Roo-skie* & the Booty* Wooty flu
*nicknames for RDW.

After spending too much time using my creative energy (used far 3x in the song...obviously lacking the creative department...but RDW assured me my music talents were right now cue)...I hopped outside for a delicious lunch--leftovers.

Finally, posting my first dinner party recipe.


Pumpkin Black Bean Soup w/ Pepitas
Pumpkin Black Bean Soup:
Serves 6, 1 cup servings & 1 T pumpkin seeds
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 2 teaspoons cumin
  • S&P
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2, 15 oz black beans, drained & rinsed (or about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 3 cups vegetable broth, low sodium 
  • 1, 15 oz fire roasted tomatoes, no salt added
  • 1, 10 oz rotel tomatoes, hot 
  • 1, 15 oz pumpkin
  • 6 T pepitas (pumpkin seeds) 
Finally Feels Like Fall


Heat oil in large stock pot. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes, add garlic and spices saute for 2 additional minutes. Add next five ingredients (through rotel tomatoes). Allow soup to come to a boil & then add pumpkin. Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes. Serve warm with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds.
Lunch on the Deck

No comments:

Post a Comment