Sunflower Saturday & Tahini Cabbage & Squash "ColeSlaw"

Whitton Farm Bouquet

The day started with a beautiful 8 mile run. The sun was shining & it wasn't too hot--finally! I came home quickly changed & headed down the market for flowers, eggplants & butternut squash once again. I was a good bit later this week and it was quite busy. Live music & cooking demo--but still nothing in comparison to the Charleston Market. I guess it is the best I've got for now.

Weekly Fresh Flowers

This week one of the guys arranged my flowers instead of Jill and it was a little bit more funky so it deserved something less conventional than a cut-glass vase. So I went with a vintage green pitcher (it was my grandmothers...I think we used to drink minutemaid lemonade out of it).


Now both food items today are bit funky as well. I have had this Tahini Cabbage & Squash Coleslaw for three meals in a row now. I love it. But, I have been craving creamy (even kind of mushy.) food recently, so it tasted wonderful to me! The pumpkin seeds on top give it a perfect crunch.
Cabbage & Squash Coleslaw

Tahini Cabbage & Squash Coleslaw
  • 1/2 T ghee 
  • 1 1/2 cups cabbage, shredded
  • 1 medium squash, shredded
  • Onion powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • S&P
  • 1 T tahini
  • 1 t red curry paste
  • 1 T nutritional yeast 
  • 2 t pumpkin seeds 
Heat ghee in large skillet. Add squash & cabbage mixture, cook for 2 minutes. Add spices and continue to cook until cabbage has wilted, about 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat & toss with tahini, red curry paste & nutritional yeast. Top with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!


For the final recipe of the day--very funky & tasted funky too. I have been desperately trying to find something (portion controlled) that will help me through those times when I want to eat the whole kitchen. Sadly this was not it. It was a great base recipe & I know I will eventually get there. Once the recipe is perfected I will share!


I did love the idea of putting the mousse in muffin tin liners though. Each little baby only had 150 calories (which is probably why it tasted---not so great!). But, this is a perfect trick to help you to only eat one!

Come back tomorrow! I will be making Herb & Pistachio Falafel & roasting up my veggies for the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment