Fish Tacos, Mint Mango Salsa and Yogurt Jalapeno Lime Sauce

Beautiful Evening

*Disclaimer: Blogging and Journaling have a lot in common. However, for me they are almost polar opposites. I've found in the past I only journal when things are rough and I need to vent (therefore--I never go back and read my journals...would not be considered a good pick-me-up). Blogging on the other hand I only feel like doing when I'm in good spirits. This most likely brings us back to the italics post--blog land. I feel I must mystify my world in order to show to internet land. Hopefully this meal and pictures will do the trick. (If you actually spoke with me this weekend, you know it was really wasn't all that great of a weekend--But Harry did try his best to cheer me up!) 

The weather some how has seem to take a break from the unbearable heat this weekend. This meant spending as much time as possible outside before the heat hits us again. I spent all day Saturday and Sunday by the pool, Saturday night porch-sitting (so wonderful that this verb has finally reentered my vocabulary--porch-sitting was a daily occurrence in Charleston) and tonight I tackled my first grilling experiment!

Mint Mango Salsa

Mint Mango Salsa
  • 1 mango
  • 1 navel orange
  • 1/2 pint of cherry tomtoes
  • 1 cucumber 
  • 1 Jalapeno, seeded
  • 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint
  • Juice of 1 lime

Cherries, Yogurt Jalapeno Lime Sauce and Salsa

Yogurt Sauce:
  • 1 cup Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar 
  • 1 whole Jalapeno
  • 1 whole cucumber 
  • Juice of 1/2 a lime 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of cumin 
Blend in food processor. 

Final Product: Grilled Corn Tortilla and Tilapia with Mint Mango Salsa and Yogurt Jalapeno Sauce


Fish Marinade: 
  • Cumin
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Red Pepper
  • Juice of 1 lime
Warning: The Yogurt Sauce and Salsa are HOTT!! I even had to get out some extra yogurt to put on top. Maybe seed the jalapeno for the yogurt sauce too, I just threw it in whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment