Gluten Free Breakfast Burritos and Rain

I'm singing in the rain
Just singing in the rain
What a glorious feelin'
I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

When we were little my mom would take us out in our rain boots and we would sing in the rain and splash in every puddle. I still remember the blue and I think pink and white big umbrella. Very early nineties style.
john cena
Gluten Free Breakfast Burritos


Listening to Glee and enjoying the first big spring storm (I will not continue to enjoy these storms as spring progresses, but right now it is wonderful). I am so happy to finally have a weekend that I do not have any out of town guests and I'm not an out of town guest. I hope to sleep, eat and run. Nothing more and hopefully nothing less.


So far my run will have to be postponed until tomorrow. I woke up to house shaking thunder and lightening. But I did get up and make some delicious breakfast burritos and a little morning dessert. (I was quite hungry this morning!) Plantain chips topped with cinnamon coconut and honey.


Now I'm back in bed blogging. What a perfect day. Some days you just need rain. Somehow I have this guilty conscience that will not allow me to watch movies or TV if it is sunny outside (something our mother instilled in us). So I am so thrilled that with the rain comes watching movies and lounging all day long. 


My ImageMy Image

A few updates on last weekend. Thursday-Saturday my mom came intown to celebrate her 53rd birthday. What should have been a relaxing weekend was somehow filled with very little sleep, lots of food, Glee catch up session, pedicures and manicures, wine and of course Muddy's Cupcakes.

Sunday I ran the Germantown half marathon and I hate to say it but I think I'm still hurting from that. My time was just over 2 hours breaking down to 9:14min/miles! I was very proud of myself. But I think I did push myself too hard especially on a weekend that should have been considered a scale back/rest weekend to get me ready for this weekends big 18! So I am nursing my poor hip with rest, alleve, yoga, massage and strength training. I only got in 2 runs this weekend (a 3 miler and a 5 miler). I completely missed my 9 miler. But sometimes its better to rest than push through those runs. It is a very fine line and a skill you can only learn through past mistakes of when to push more and when to stop and rest. But what I've found is if its a question rest is normally the answer. Especially when EVERYBODY will be meeting in Nashville for the race. I'm so excited that it turned out that my sister and her finance, my mom and fingers crossed my brother and sister in-law will all be there! (poor father will be preaching instead)

Now lets just hope for good weather this year and no more injuries.
john cena
Plantain Chips


john cena

Click for Recipe:
Gluten Free Breakfast Burritos
Plantain Chips

No comments:

Post a Comment